Monday, August 1, 2011

Food Cravings

I have been following a plan of eating now for three days.  As with most of my previous attempts, my motivation has been very strong going in, but after a certain amount of time I have begun to struggle with cravings.  It's usually worst in the evening.  I work a job that required a late night schedule and it has been customary for me in the past to eat late at night.  So breaking that habit is proving to be kind of tough.

I have been tracking the calorie content of everything that I've been eating the last few days.  I've heard in the past that this can be helpful, and so far it has been.  While the cravings have been very strong especially today, I have resisted the urge to follow through with them because I didn't want to have to track the added calories.

I am praying for the strength to get through these cravings.

So this is how I intend to structure the basics of my blog: I intend on doing a video blog every Monday, and I will also weigh in every Monday.  In the past, I have weighed every day and become obsessed with the number on the scale.  That can be somewhat dangerous to the cause, because my mood can be completely affected by the number on the scale.  So for my own sanity, I am only going to weigh myself once a week.

My starting weight was 415 lbs. as of July 27.

Thanks for the encouragement so far guys!  :) 

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard not to give in to cravings. I have that problem a lot, especially 2 times a month. Being female has its drawbacks sometimes. *laughs* I know you can do this! You've done it before, so you know how to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - I am the same with the scale. I need to get back into the habit of only weighing once a week. I think we get so focused on that number that we lose sight of the real goal - getting healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go Josh! Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get too obsessed with the numbers if I weigh in every day also. Sadly, I still let myself check almost every day. Ugh I hate it. I feel like I am addicted to everything! Lol.

    Love you Josh! Stay strong!

    Ps: OMG!! The word verification it just gave me was "lards"! I can't win! Lol

    ReplyDelete